Oregon health coverage stories
A message from Governor Kate Brown
More than 1.1 million people are insured through the Oregon Health Plan or private insurance offered through the Oregon Marketplace.
Oregonians who receive federal subsidies get an average of $349 per month to help cover the cost of private insurance purchased through the Marketplace.
More than 375,000 Oregonians have enrolled in the Oregon Health Plan as part of the Medicaid expansion.
Oregon gained 23,300 health care jobs since the ACA was implemented. The Economic Policy Institute estimates Oregon would lose approximately 42,000 jobs if the ACA is repealed.
The Affordable Care Act also…
- Allows adult children to remain on their parents’ plan until age 26.
- Guarantees coverage despite pre-existing conditions.
- Requires restaurants and fast-food chains to provide meal calorie content information.
- Created prescription drug discounts for seniors who reach the coverage gap.
- Funded vital public health programs, such as teen suicide prevention, immunization, and tobacco use prevention.